Communication skills for conservation professionals
- Agricultural Communications Documentation Center (ACDC)
- Jacobson, Susan K. (main author)
- Publication Date:
- International: Island Press, Washington, D.C.
- Agricultural Communications Documentation Center, Funk Library, University of Illinois
- Subject Term:
- campaign planning, campaigns, communication methods, communication planning, communication skills, conservation, environment, environmental communication, exhibits, media selection, natural resource management, natural resources, natural resources education, public relations, research communication, scientific communication, web sites, electronic media, digital, wildlife, blogs, social media, events, new media, e-newsletters, digital media
- 461 pages., via uiuc library catalog., Whether you are managing wetlands, protecting endangered species, or restoring ecosystems, you need to be able to communicate effectively in order to solve conservation and resource management problems. Communication Skills for Conservation Professionals can help you do just that--it is a practical and inspiring book that provides user-friendly guidance on achieving conservation goals through effective communication.
This second edition of a widely praised book, originally published in 1999, includes new material on working with stakeholders, volunteers, and other groups to multiply conservation success. It also expands on the use of electronic media with examples of conservation Web pages, blogs, e-newsletters, and other new media. The book's citations have been updated to include a host of Web sites and other electronic sources useful for planning and implementing communication programs.