« Previous | of | Next »

Farmers' ignorance and the role of television

Collection:
Agricultural Communications Documentation Center (ACDC)
Contributor:
Mody, Bella (main author), Shingi, Prakash M. (author)
Format:
Book
Publication Date:
1974-08
Published:
India: Centre for Management in Agriculture, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
Location:
Agricultural Communications Documentation Center, Funk Library, University of Illinois
Subject Term:
adoption, adoption process, development issues, diffusion, education effects, farmers, India, information needs, knowledge level, mass media, roles, television, television programming
Notes:
103 pages, The content of two Krishi-Darshan programmes was analyzed. From 50 to 62 percent of the televised information was already known to the farmers. Of the new items of information that the two telecasts presented, on the average, only 40 percent were learnt; the remaining 60 percent were unrecalled or lost.